Posts Tagged ‘using solar power’
If one of your New Years Resolutions this year was to start prepping, then take a look at this list of the top 10 items you’ll need to start your collection!
1) One of the most important items for our body is fresh drinking water. Key for survival packs is to include a water filtration system. This Katadyn Mini Ceramic Water Filter is small and compact which will make it easy to carry and pack in your survival gear backpack.
2) This Zippo Fire Starter will allow you to keep warm no matter what weather you encounter and it’s small compact size allows you to easily tote it with you in your survival gear pack.
3) Along the same lines as the Fire Starter, this Survival Blanket will keep you warm on cold nights. This blanket is lightweight, reusable, waterproof, and can be folded to fit in your pack for storage and carrying.
4) In case of an emergency happening to you or someone you are travelling with, make sure you have a First Aid Kit handy. This Military Olive Drab Large First Aid Kit contains everything you will need in case of an emergency.
5) Doomsday Preppers often carry some type of weapon for various uses. This 11 Inch Junge Survival Knife Kit contains two separate knives, an 11 in. larger knife and a smaller throwing knife as well as a few other survival accessories. Again, this is compact enough to be stored within your survival pack.
6) To ensure that you never lose track of where you are, make sure you pack a compass in your survival kit. This Multifunction Solar Powered Digital Compass is great because it can be re-charged using solar power so no matter what you encounter, you will be able to continue using this compass.
7) Because you will never want to be in the dark, pack a Solar Powered Lantern with you. This Solar Powered Lantern can be re-charged and has two different modes including one that will save energy.
8) Known for its multitude of uses, Paracord is one of those things you should never leave off of your survival pack checklist.
Pretty much anything you can imagine, you can use Paracord for including making a hammock, gear repair, decoration, security, belt, boot laces, tying food from a tree, etc.
9) The Shark Safety Whistle is imperative to a survival pack emitting a loud whistle that will assist you in search and rescue operations as well as outdoor and personal safety.
10) Last, but definitely not least, you will need a tactical backpack that will hold all of your survival equipment. The Rapid 96 4 Day Tactical Backpack has padded shoulder straps, a padded back, and is MOLLE Compatible so extra pouches can be added for additional room.