Posts Tagged ‘hikers’
Proudly made in the USA, this military model tritium compass is rated as the best compass on the market! This compass was designed specifically to meet all of the needs of the United States fighting forces. This compass even comes with a carrying pouch, lanyard, and belt clip so that it is always protected and you can keep it close by at all times.
This compass would make a great gift for a soldier or could be used by campers and hikers while they are exploring the great outdoors. If you want to take a look at some more military novelty products, take some time to look through Harry’s and find the perfect gift!
Warm weather means spending more time outdoors and we’re all ready for that! One of our favorite things to do during the spring and summer is go hiking. Here’s a great list of what to look for if you’re in the market for some new hiking boots!
1) Comfort: Make sure you take the time to test out different boots in the store, walking around to see how the boots feel. Make sure the boots have enough support, while still having enough cushion for your feet. You also want to make sure that your feet are comfortable, yet secure in the boot. If the boots are too loose, then your feet will slip around in the boot. If you are walking downhill this means your toes will slide to the top of the shoe or boot causing great discomfort. The same can also be said if the boot is too small. We have known plenty of hikers that have lost toenails from getting the wrong size boot!!!
2) Water Resistance: Hiking on outdoor trails brings lots of different types of weather and terrain. You definitely don’t want rain that you encounter halfway through the hike to make your boots squishy, wet, cold, and uncomfortable. Buying a waterproof boot will keep your feet dry and warm if you encounter some sudden showers or if you’re hiking through puddles, creeks, or streams.
3) Weight: Although there is some contradictions on whether lightweight boots are best for hiking or heavy duty boots that provide good support. In this case, it’s probably going to be best to go with what you find most comfortable! Just keep in mind that a heavy-duty boot, although providing good support, will add weight as you are hiking long distances.
4) Sole: The sole of your boot is one of the main characteristics that will tell you how long a boot will last. The deeper the grooves on the sole, the longer the tread will last. If the treads are thin, they will likely wear out quicker and need to be replaced more frequently.
5) Lastly, the material of the boot is something to take into consideration. Leather hiking boots tend to last longer, but are generally heavier than their nylon or canvas hiking boots.
These Boots Just Arrived! The Carolina 4X4 Hiker is designed to bring the style and comfort of outdoor footwear into the work environment. These CA4025 hikers are sporty enough for the trail, but tough enough for a hard day on the job. Carolina Work Boots are known for their durability.
This Carolina Boot is waterproof and breathable. The moisture wicking lining will move the sweat away from your socks towards the Scubaliner membrane to allow your feet to stay cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter.
For comfort, the 4025 uses the Carolina AG7 Comfort system to keep your feet well cushioned.
Carolina CA4025 Men’s 6-inch Waterproof Work Hiker Features:
- Dark Brown Upper With Light Brown Mesh
- Abrasion Resistant Toe
- Waterproof Breathable Scubaliner
- Pillow Cushion Insole
- Removable AG7 Polyurethane Footbed
- EVA Midsole
- Non-Metallic Shank for support
- Electrical Hazard Rated
- Cement Construction
- 4X4 Rubber Outsole
Buy the Carolina CA4025 online with Free Shipping right now or drop into the store to take em for a test drive.