Posts Tagged ‘fire starter’
If one of your New Years Resolutions this year was to start prepping, then take a look at this list of the top 10 items you’ll need to start your collection!
1) One of the most important items for our body is fresh drinking water. Key for survival packs is to include a water filtration system. This Katadyn Mini Ceramic Water Filter is small and compact which will make it easy to carry and pack in your survival gear backpack.
2) This Zippo Fire Starter will allow you to keep warm no matter what weather you encounter and it’s small compact size allows you to easily tote it with you in your survival gear pack.
3) Along the same lines as the Fire Starter, this Survival Blanket will keep you warm on cold nights. This blanket is lightweight, reusable, waterproof, and can be folded to fit in your pack for storage and carrying.
4) In case of an emergency happening to you or someone you are travelling with, make sure you have a First Aid Kit handy. This Military Olive Drab Large First Aid Kit contains everything you will need in case of an emergency.
5) Doomsday Preppers often carry some type of weapon for various uses. This 11 Inch Junge Survival Knife Kit contains two separate knives, an 11 in. larger knife and a smaller throwing knife as well as a few other survival accessories. Again, this is compact enough to be stored within your survival pack.
6) To ensure that you never lose track of where you are, make sure you pack a compass in your survival kit. This Multifunction Solar Powered Digital Compass is great because it can be re-charged using solar power so no matter what you encounter, you will be able to continue using this compass.
7) Because you will never want to be in the dark, pack a Solar Powered Lantern with you. This Solar Powered Lantern can be re-charged and has two different modes including one that will save energy.
8) Known for its multitude of uses, Paracord is one of those things you should never leave off of your survival pack checklist.
Pretty much anything you can imagine, you can use Paracord for including making a hammock, gear repair, decoration, security, belt, boot laces, tying food from a tree, etc.
9) The Shark Safety Whistle is imperative to a survival pack emitting a loud whistle that will assist you in search and rescue operations as well as outdoor and personal safety.
10) Last, but definitely not least, you will need a tactical backpack that will hold all of your survival equipment. The Rapid 96 4 Day Tactical Backpack has padded shoulder straps, a padded back, and is MOLLE Compatible so extra pouches can be added for additional room.
December 21st is drawing near! How many of you are prepared for the Mayan Apocalypse? Here are the top 10 bug out bag essentials you will need to survive the Mayan Apocalypse!
First off, you’re going to need one of our tactical backpacks to store all of your survival supplies. We recommend the Advanced Mountaineering Tactical Backpack, made out of tough ballistic nylon and features two aluminum frame stays for added support when carrying heavy loads. This mountaineering bag is MOLLE compatible, so all of your essential gear can be attached to the outside of the pack.
Now, what do you need to go inside that awesome tactical backpack?
You’re going to want a versatile knife to add to your survival kit; this Ka-Bar Companion Drop Point Knife is the perfect one. Made from 1095 Cro-Van steel with a drop-point blade, the Ka Bar utility knife can puncture and slice, whether you’re hunting, chopping, or slicing material. Made in the USA, the Ka-Bar Companion is a quality blade, with an overall length of 10.5 inches, and a blade length of 5.25″ inches. The drop point blade of the Ka Bar tactical knife is just about a quarter of an inch thick, for a smooth and effective cut.
A survival fire starter is another great item to throw in that tactical backpack. This Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter features watertight construction that keeps tinder safe and dry, so when you need it, you can trust it.
Water filtration will be key to surviving the end of the world. This water filter allows you to filter water from any bottle, water bladder, cup, or directly from water sources. Lightweight, portable, and easy to use, this is the one to throw in your survival pack.
The Survival Pod Paracord Zipper Pull is functional while also small and easily attached to your survival backpack.The paracord survival pod is made with two 4 foot strands of paracord that can be untied for use in times of need. The survival pod does not stop there. Inside the paracord pod are more tools to help you survive, making this superior to other paracord products. The 550 cord key chain features a 1 inch sharp eye hidden knife on the inside of the pod, perfect for cutting. The pod also features a 1 inch fire stick flint and a 6 inch jute firestarter. These compact tools will allow you build a fire to keep warm or to signal for rescue. The jute firestarter can also be used as tinder. The final piece to this survival kit is a 3-inch strip of duck tape. We all know that duck tape can fix anything!
This fifteen piece first aid kit features a Gerber miniature multi-tool with needle nose pliers, wire cutters, fine edge knife, serrated knife, Phillips screwdriver, small flat driver, medium flat driver, lanyard ring, bottle opener and tweezers. The first aid survival kit comes in water proof bag with miniature lights, hand saw, signaling mirror, survival blanket, fire starter, waterproof matches, cotton ball, fire tinder, snare wire, emergency cord, waxed thread, fishing kit and sewing kit.
This survival blanket is waterproof, windproof and compact enough to roll up into your bag. The emergency blanket provides comfort and protection from the elements, including moisture and water resistance.
The Six-function Whistle has six survival tools that are essential. Besides a signal whistle, it has a compass and bright LED light. Also included in this one fantastic space saving tool is a thermometer and signal mirror. There is also a convenient lanyard and clip so the whistle is easy to carry with you. Batteries are included for the long life LED flashlight.
The five-in-one tool is constructed with heavy steel, and includes attachments for a directional compass, an interchangeable shovel, a saw, an axe, and a pick. The set is black in color, and comes with a sleek nylon carrying case, that is attachable to your belt.
Last but not least, you’ll need a light source to add to your survival pack. This solar powered lantern made to work when no other source of energy is available features both solar power charging and hand crank power. The 36 super bright long life LED lights in this crank powered lantern can be powered for 2 hours after 8 hours of exposed sunlight or up to 20 minutes with every minute of using the hand crank. The solar powered lantern has two lighting modes, one with 18 LED bulbs to save energy, or all 36 LED lights for maximum lighting.
NASA may have debunked the Maya Apocalypse theory, but here at Harry’s Army Surplus, we think it’s good to be prepared just in case. Even if nothing happens on December 21, 2012, we always have to the approaching zombie apocalypse to prep for!