Posts Tagged ‘compact size’
Each year we hear plenty of stories from around the world about people or their pets getting bit by venomous snakes, many of whom die or lose a limb. Recently, the news informed us of a man who was hunting and was bitten by a poisonous snake ( you can read article here ). He was able to stay calm enough to get his $10 snake bite kit out of his bag and extract the venom. In doing this, he was able to save his own life. Now, you’ve got to be wondering ‘Well, where can I get one of these snake bite kits?” No worries! Harry’s Army Surplus has got you covered!
You may think having a snake bite kit is not a top priority in your bag while hiking, camping, or even walking the dog, but it should be especially if you live in an area with a high or growing population of venomous snakes. We offer three different snake bite kits and all three are extremely affordable. The most basic kit we offer is the Coughlan’s Snake Bite Kit. At $4.99 this is something anyone can afford. We like this kit for its compact size. This kit is small enough to keep in your pocket (which is ideal in a snake bite situation). it comes complete with 3 suction cups, an easy to use one-hand lymph constrictor, scalpel, antiseptic swab, and detailed instructions that we recommend you read before you head out on you adventure so you already know how to use it.
If you want a kit that is not so basic, then take a look at the Sawyer Bite and Sing Extractor Kit. On sale for just $17.95, this kit is perfect to have at home, in your car, or in your pack. This emergency kit can remove venom and poison from snake bites, bee stings, wasp stings, and other bug bites. It includes the extractor pump, 4 plastic cups, 1 razor, 3 sterile adhesive bandages, 2 alcohol wipes, 2 bite antiseptics and pain reliever wipes, and instructions all packed into a small plastic carrying case.
Either of these kits would be a great addition to you survival gear. Remember, you can never be too prepared! Check out all of our great survival gear and make sure your next adventure is safe one!
If one of your New Years Resolutions this year was to start prepping, then take a look at this list of the top 10 items you’ll need to start your collection!
1) One of the most important items for our body is fresh drinking water. Key for survival packs is to include a water filtration system. This Katadyn Mini Ceramic Water Filter is small and compact which will make it easy to carry and pack in your survival gear backpack.
2) This Zippo Fire Starter will allow you to keep warm no matter what weather you encounter and it’s small compact size allows you to easily tote it with you in your survival gear pack.
3) Along the same lines as the Fire Starter, this Survival Blanket will keep you warm on cold nights. This blanket is lightweight, reusable, waterproof, and can be folded to fit in your pack for storage and carrying.
4) In case of an emergency happening to you or someone you are travelling with, make sure you have a First Aid Kit handy. This Military Olive Drab Large First Aid Kit contains everything you will need in case of an emergency.
5) Doomsday Preppers often carry some type of weapon for various uses. This 11 Inch Junge Survival Knife Kit contains two separate knives, an 11 in. larger knife and a smaller throwing knife as well as a few other survival accessories. Again, this is compact enough to be stored within your survival pack.
6) To ensure that you never lose track of where you are, make sure you pack a compass in your survival kit. This Multifunction Solar Powered Digital Compass is great because it can be re-charged using solar power so no matter what you encounter, you will be able to continue using this compass.
7) Because you will never want to be in the dark, pack a Solar Powered Lantern with you. This Solar Powered Lantern can be re-charged and has two different modes including one that will save energy.
8) Known for its multitude of uses, Paracord is one of those things you should never leave off of your survival pack checklist.
Pretty much anything you can imagine, you can use Paracord for including making a hammock, gear repair, decoration, security, belt, boot laces, tying food from a tree, etc.
9) The Shark Safety Whistle is imperative to a survival pack emitting a loud whistle that will assist you in search and rescue operations as well as outdoor and personal safety.
10) Last, but definitely not least, you will need a tactical backpack that will hold all of your survival equipment. The Rapid 96 4 Day Tactical Backpack has padded shoulder straps, a padded back, and is MOLLE Compatible so extra pouches can be added for additional room.
Are you still searching for a gift for your soldier? Well, look no further; Harry’s has you covered. We carry such a wide range of products; you’re bound to find the perfect gift! Some of our favorites include the Seirus Original All Weather Black Lightweight Glove. This glove is perfect for the cold weather coming our way! It’s a slim fit glove that keeps cold out and keeps hands warm. At $34.99, this is more than affordable.
Another option for this Christmas is going to help your soldier keep time; The Smith and Wesson Tritium Soldier Military Watch. With the ability to read time in low light conditions (even in total darkness), resist water up to 100M/300 feet, and featuring a scratch resistant mineral crystal face, this watch is a great buy! This watch is on sale right now for $89.95!
If your soldier is handy, either on the job or off, you may want to consider a multi-tool like the Leatherman Rebar Multi-Tool. This is on sale now for $46.99 and is made of 17 different tools! The best part is that it is a full size tool that can be closed to a compact size of 4 inches long that can easily fit in a pocket. Some of the tools on this multi-tool include pliers, screwdrivers, and wire stripper. While you’re on our website, be sure to look around, we’re sure you will be able to find many more great gift ideas for everyone on your list!