Archive for February, 2013
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we here at Harry’s are ready to help you find the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts for that special someone in your life. Here are our Top Ten picks for Valentine’s Day gifts!
Top 5 Gifts for Guys
1.) Every guy needs a great multi-tool, the Leatherman Wingman Stainless Steel Multi-Tool is affordable at $32.99 and has needle nose pliers, wire cutters, a combo knife, serrated knife, multiple screwdrivers, and more.
2.)For the adventurous guy, an affordable and thoughtful gift would be one of our hydration packs, the MOLLE Compatible Tactical Hydration Pack holds up to two liters and can be used with smaller MOLLE Compatible pouches. This would be perfect for springtime runs or even working out at the gym.
Top 5 Gifts for the Ladies
1.)All girls like purses and what’s better than a vintage style purse that’s cute and affordable? The Cotton Canvas Vintage Pistol Belt Purse in Black is a steal at only $18.99 and has lots of room to store stuff!
2.)If you’re looking to buy a great pair of winter boots that will keep your significant other warm, the Columbia Women’s Ice Maiden will keep her warm and are waterproof.
3.)If you’re partner is into fashion, the Women’s Soft Pink Digital Camo T-Shirt is a perfect choice and very affordable at $8.95!
4.)If you or your family is in the military, a great gift to keep your wife warm is a military insignia fleece blanket; we carry them in U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and U.S. Marine Corps. These are extremely affordable at $18.95!
5.)Another great gift for keeping the women warm is a Military Inspired Parka that is not only fashionable but warm as well as waterproof! A great deal for a winter coat at only $79!
Each year we celebrate Black History Month during the month of February in both the United States and Canada. An important group of veterans who fought in the Second World War are the Tuskegee Airmen. Not only were they fighting the German Nazis, they were also fighting prejudice in their own homeland.
After being rejected for air service during World War I, groups of young African Americans with an interest in becoming pilots fought for the opportunity during the Second World War. African American college graduates were allowed to train at Tuskegee and these men then comprised the Tuskegee Airmen.
After receiving encouragement from the first lady, Eleanor Roosevelt, they were sent overseas earning an impressive combat record. This was a huge step for African Americans in the fight for civil rights and to show other African American men and women that anything was possible for them. Three of the Tuskegee Airmen Pilots even went on to become generals in the United States Army.
If one of your New Years Resolutions this year was to start prepping, then take a look at this list of the top 10 items you’ll need to start your collection!
1) One of the most important items for our body is fresh drinking water. Key for survival packs is to include a water filtration system. This Katadyn Mini Ceramic Water Filter is small and compact which will make it easy to carry and pack in your survival gear backpack.
2) This Zippo Fire Starter will allow you to keep warm no matter what weather you encounter and it’s small compact size allows you to easily tote it with you in your survival gear pack.
3) Along the same lines as the Fire Starter, this Survival Blanket will keep you warm on cold nights. This blanket is lightweight, reusable, waterproof, and can be folded to fit in your pack for storage and carrying.
4) In case of an emergency happening to you or someone you are travelling with, make sure you have a First Aid Kit handy. This Military Olive Drab Large First Aid Kit contains everything you will need in case of an emergency.
5) Doomsday Preppers often carry some type of weapon for various uses. This 11 Inch Junge Survival Knife Kit contains two separate knives, an 11 in. larger knife and a smaller throwing knife as well as a few other survival accessories. Again, this is compact enough to be stored within your survival pack.
6) To ensure that you never lose track of where you are, make sure you pack a compass in your survival kit. This Multifunction Solar Powered Digital Compass is great because it can be re-charged using solar power so no matter what you encounter, you will be able to continue using this compass.
7) Because you will never want to be in the dark, pack a Solar Powered Lantern with you. This Solar Powered Lantern can be re-charged and has two different modes including one that will save energy.
8) Known for its multitude of uses, Paracord is one of those things you should never leave off of your survival pack checklist.
Pretty much anything you can imagine, you can use Paracord for including making a hammock, gear repair, decoration, security, belt, boot laces, tying food from a tree, etc.
9) The Shark Safety Whistle is imperative to a survival pack emitting a loud whistle that will assist you in search and rescue operations as well as outdoor and personal safety.
10) Last, but definitely not least, you will need a tactical backpack that will hold all of your survival equipment. The Rapid 96 4 Day Tactical Backpack has padded shoulder straps, a padded back, and is MOLLE Compatible so extra pouches can be added for additional room.